How to Study Physical Chemistry for NEET?
You have come to the right place if you are a NEET aspirant and want to crack the physical chemistry section. Physical chemistry is a crucial subject for NEET exams as it carries a significant weight. This article will discuss how to study physical chemistry for NEET.
Physical chemistry is a branch of chemistry that studies the material and fundamental aspects of chemical systems and processes. It includes the study of thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, quantum mechanics, and spectroscopy. To excel in physical chemistry, having a solid foundation in mathematics, especially calculus, is essential.
|Name of the Chapter
|Important topics of the Chapter
|1. Some basic concepts
|2. Structure of atom
|3. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
(Nearly 4-5 questions are asked from this unit.)
|6. Redox reactions
|9. Chemical Kinetics
|10. Surface Chemistry
Books for Physical Chemistry
Choosing the right book is crucial for effectively studying physical chemistry. Some of the popular books for NEET physical chemistry are:
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R. C. Mukherjee
- Atkins’ Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the physical chemistry section of NEET:
- Understand the basic concepts: Physical chemistry is all about ideas. Ensure you have a strong foundation in the basic concepts of physical chemistry.
- Practice numerical problems: Physical chemistry involves a lot of numerical problems. Solve as many numerical problems as you can to get a better understanding of the subject.
- Revise regularly: Physical chemistry requires regular revision to retain the concepts. Make a habit of revising the topics regularly.
- Analyze previous year’s papers: Analyzing last year’s reports will give you an idea of the questions asked in the exam and the difficulty level.
Practice and Revision
Practice and revision are crucial for cracking the physical chemistry section of NEET. Here are some tips for practical training and modification:
- Solve previous year’s papers and mock tests: Solving last year’s papers and mock tests will help you get familiar with the exam pattern and improve your time management skills.
- Focus on weak areas: Identify your weak areas and focus on them. Practice more problems from those topics to improve your understanding.
- Revise regularly: Make a habit of revising the crucial topics regularly. The revision will help you retain the concepts for a longer time.
Important Topics for NEET
What is physical chemistry?
Physical chemistry is a branch of chemistry that studies the material and fundamental aspects of chemical systems and processes.
What are the essential topics for NEET physical chemistry?
Some essential topics for NEET physical chemistry are States of Matter, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Solutions, Redox Reactions, and Equilibrium.
Which book is best for NEET physical chemistry?
Some popular books for NEET physical chemistry are Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur, University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan, Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R. C. Mukherjee, and Atkins’ Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula.
How do you prepare for NEET physical chemistry?
To prepare for NEET physical chemistry, you must understand basic concepts, practice numerical problems, revise regularly, and analyze previous year’s papers.
How do I practice and revise for NEET physical chemistry?
You can practice and revise for NEET physical chemistry by solving previous year’s papers and mock tests, focusing on weak areas, and regularly changing essential topics.
READ MORE | How to Study in Engineering?