How Can Blackbeard Have Two Devil Fruits?
When it is about One Piece, few characters have provoked as many theories and speculations as Marshall D. Taylor, more popularly known as Blackbeard.
From his enigmatic background to his nimble ability to control two devil fruits at the same time, Blackbeard has always been a character that is shrouded in mystery and fascination. But one particular theory has drawn the attention of both fans and theorists: the Cerberus theory.
The Cerberus Theory – Blackbeard Already Ate a Devil Fruit
The Cerberus theory is based on the notion that Blackbeard may have consumed the third Devil Fruit, in addition to the two we already know that he is a possessor of: the Yami Yami no Mi and the Gura Gura no Mi. According to the theory, the third devil fruit is the mythical Zoan-type Cerberus fruit, which would give Blackbeard the ability to take the form of a three-headed dog.
Evidence for the Cerberus Theory
Although the Cerberus theory may seem a bit far-fetched initially, there is a variety of evidence to support it. For instance:
- The Blackbeard’s Jolly Roger features three skulls which could be a reference to the Cerberus mythology.
- The ship of Blackbeard, the Saber of Xebec is named in honor of the famous pirate Rocks D. Xebec, who was famous for his ability to master various Devil Fruits.
- In Chapter 925 Blackbeard reveals that Blackbeard knows how to draw Devil Fruit powers from a dead body, indicating his knowledge of the workings of the Devil Fruit.
Implications of the Cerberus Theory
If the Cerberus theory is true, it could have some intriguing implications for Blackbeard’s character and abilities. For instance:
- The Cerberus Fruit could provide Blackbeard with a new set of abilities that he can utilize in combat making him a more powerful adversary.
- The three-headed dog’s design could connect to Blackbeard’s general theme of chaos and darkness as well as his role as a pirate and disruptive of the status established order.
- It could raise concerns about the limitations of Blackbeard’s abilities to control Devil Fruits and the mechanisms involved in consuming several Devil Fruits.
Counter Arguments and Criticisms
Of course, there are those who aren’t convinced by the Cerberus theory. Some counter arguments and critiques are:
- The concept of Cerberus Fruits hasn’t been explicitly discussed in the series and some fans may find it too bizarre.
- Blackbeard’s ability of using two Devil Fruits is an exceptional feat, and introducing the third Devil Fruit might make him too powerful.
- There are many theories about Blackbeard’s third Devil Fruit, such as the mythical Zoan-type Hydra Fruit or the Paramecia-type Copy-Copy Fruit.
The Rules Of Devil Fruits
Blackbeard’s ability to control two devil fruits simultaneously is an issue that has puzzled One Piece fans for years. The rules of devil fruit are well-established within the game. One of the most notable is that only one is available to an individual at any moment. Yet, Blackbeard has defied this rule, causing fans to wonder what they can do.
Devil fruits are an integral element in the One Piece universe. They are rare and mysterious fruits that, when consumed, give the user amazing abilities. These powers are anything from turning the user’s body into a substance to giving an incredible strength or ability to control the surrounding environment.
People are granted an exclusive ability when they consume the devil’s fruit. However, it also takes away the capacity to swim due to the power of the fruit, making them extremely prone to the effects of water. Devil fruits are also not mixed with other technologies or powers to increase their capabilities.
The most widely known rule for devil fruit is that just one fruit can be eaten by an individual at any moment. So, when a person consumes one of the devil fruits and dies, they can’t eat another without also dying.
This is the case in this entire One Piece series, with characters often searching for specific devil fruits to acquire the necessary abilities. Having only one type of devil fruit is vital in the power dynamic in the One Piece universe, as it guarantees that no individual can be too powerful by acquiring multiple devil fruit powers.
Blackbeard’s Two Devil Fruits
Despite the rules of one devil’s fruit, Blackbeard has acquired two powers from devil’s fruits. First, he ate the Yami Yami no Mi devil fruit, which gave him the power to manipulate darkness and gravity. Then, in the following years, he acquired the Gura Gura no Mi devil fruit, which let him create powerful earthquakes.
How could Blackbeard consume two devil fruits when they would be unattainable? It is all in the special qualities that make up the Yami Yami no Mi Devil Fruit.
It is believed that the Yami Yami no Mi devil fruit can negate other devil fruit powers in the immediate vicinity. It means that if anyone with a devil-fruit power is within the vicinity of someone who has consumed the Yami Yami no Mi devil fruit, their power is temporarily lost.
But this ability comes with a second benefit. If a person who uses the devil fruit dies, their powers will be revived by the next fruit of the same kind. That means that should a person possessing an ability from a devil’s fruit be killed by someone who has consumed a Yami Yami no Mi, the devil’s fruit, then their power is reborn in the closest fruit that is similar to the one they ate.
Believing in the unique qualities associated with the Yami Yami, not Mi devil’s fruit, Blackbeard devised a strategy to gain the powers of two devil’s fruits. He began by eating the Yami Yami no Mi devil fruit, which enabled him to eliminate other powers of the devil fruit.
Then, he sought out the formidable Gura Gura, the devil’s fruit owned by Whitebeard, one of the most powerful characters of the One Piece universe. In the Battle of Marineford, Blackbeard and his crew faced off against Whitebeard and his comrades, and Blackbeard could use Whitebeard’s Yami Yami no Mi powers to thwart Whitebeard’s powers as a devil fruit.
Blackbeard followed up with a strike, killed Whitebeard, and allowed Whitebeard to die, allowing the Gura Gura no Mi devil fruit to rebirth into one of the exact varieties. When Whitebeard died, it was revealed that the Gura Gura no Mi devil fruit was transformed into a nearby fruit, which Blackbeard immediately ate and gained power.
In this manner, Blackbeard was able to escape the rules of one devil’s fruit by making use of his Yami Yami no Mi devil fruit, which would squelch Whitebeard’s devil fruit power and kill him, which allowed Gura Gura Gura no Mi devil fruit to reincarnate.
The Consequences Of Blackbeard’s Actions
The ability of Blackbeard to wield two devil fruits has been a major factor in his becoming one of the most powerful and feared characters in the One Piece universe. But his actions have been a major source of controversy.
Blackbeard’s aversion to the rules of devil fruits has sent the power dynamics of the One Piece universe into chaos. Other characters are now attempting to follow his path to obtain various powers from devil fruits and become as powerful as him.
Additionally, his actions have had a major influence on the world surrounding him. As a result, Blackbeard is now a symbol of chaos and fear, which has thrown off an incredibly delicate power balance between the world government, the Marines, and various pirate groups.
The Case Of Blackbeard
One of the most fascinating aspects of Blackbeard lies in the mystery of his ability to hold two devil’s fruits. This is considered impossible to do in the One Piece universe.
The Mystery Of Blackbeard’s Ability To Wield Two Devil Fruits
In the One Piece universe, it is believed that one is only allowed to have one Devil Fruit power at a time. Yet, Blackbeard seems to have overstepped this limit by using two Devil Fruits, one called the Yami Yami no Mi and the other the Gura Gura no Mi. It is believed that the Yami Yami no Mi is a Logia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to control the dark, and the Gura Gura no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that grants the user the ability to cause earthquakes.
There are many theories regarding Blackbeard’s power to hold two devil’s fruits. One theory is that Blackbeard’s body is special and can handle multiple Devil Fruits. Another theory suggests that Blackbeard can wield the two devil fruits due to his understanding of the secret of the Void Century. It is a mystical period that was wiped from the history of the world. The theory is that his knowledge allows him to manipulate devil fruit in a way others cannot.
Another theory suggests that Blackbeard’s ability to use the two devil fruits is due to his skill and manipulation. There is a belief that Blackbeard has found an opportunity to separate the Devil Fruit powers from their users and then absorb them. This theory is backed by the possibility that Blackbeard could steal Whitebeard’s Devil Fruit power after he passed away.
Devil Fruit Interaction
Some interactions occur between the devil fruits that could result in unexpected outcomes.
- Amplification Of Powers: If two or more devil fruits possessing similar powers come in contact with one another, the power of their respective devil fruits can be increased. When two users with similar Devil Fruit powers come into contact, they can be more powerful than others. This was evident during the Dressrosa arc when Luffy and Don Chinjao merged with their Gomu Gomu no Mi powers to produce a devastating assault.
- Cancelation Of Powers: Sometimes two Devil Fruits could block each other’s power when they meet. This is typically experienced when a user of the Yami Yami no Mi, a Devil Fruit that can nullify other Devil Fruit powers, comes in contact with another Devil Fruit user. For example, it was demonstrated that the Yami Yami no Mi was shown to cancel out the Whitebeard’s Gura Gura no Mi power, a paramecia-type Devil Fruit that grants the user the ability to cause earthquakes.
- Some devil fruits could be joined in certain situations to create a brand-new capability. This was evident when Doflamingo used his String-String Fruit power along with Law’s Ope Ope no Mi power to unleash an extremely powerful attack that enabled him to direct the actions of his adversaries.
- Mutual Incompatibility: Certain devil fruits are incompatible and can’t be combined. This was evident when Caesar Clown tried to combine his Gas-Gas Fruit power with the Ope Ope no Mi power. Unfortunately, the two powers were incompatible, and the resulting explosion caused massive destruction.
Their source is one of the greatest mysteries in The Mystery of the Devil Fruits. Although it is well known that they were made by the people known by the name of the Ancient Kingdom, the exact method that led to their creation is still unknown. Some theories suggest they were made using the latest technology, while others suggest that they are the result of magic from the past.
Although devil fruits offer powerful abilities, they have important limitations. One of the most well-known limitations is the inability to swim, which leaves the person at risk of drowning. But there are a variety of other limitations, too, like the inability to practice Haki (an extremely effective combat technique) or utilize certain kinds of weapons. Unfortunately, the precise extent of the limitations isn’t fully understood, and there is no reason to believe that they exist.
- The Connection Between Devil Fruits And The Sea: Another mystery about devil fruits is their connection to the ocean. It is well-known that Devil Fruit users cannot swim and become weaker when they come into contact with seawater. But the reasons behind this connection have not been identified. Certain theories suggest that it’s related to the sea’s nature as a whole, while others suggest that it’s connected to the old magic that brought about the Devil Fruits.
- The Immunity Of Certain Individuals: Although most people are vulnerable to the devil fruit’s effects, some are invulnerable to their power. For instance, Blackbeard acquired the power of two of the Devil Fruits, which is considered impossible within the One Piece universe. Furthermore, Luffy was able to endure Magellan’s poison. Magellan, as it was created by a devil fruit. The reason for these differences isn’t fully understood and remains an unanswerable mystery.
Can Luffy Eat Two Devil Fruits?
In the One Piece universe, one is believed to have only one Devil Fruit power at a time. This is because when someone eats the devil fruit, their body undergoes a major change that prevents them from eating an additional devil fruit. However, there are instances when people have tried to eat another devil fruit, and the results have been catastrophic.
As the show’s main character, Monkey D. Luffy is a formidable fighter who has consumed the Gomu Gomu no Mi Devil Fruit. This fruit allows Luffy to expand his body into rubber and renders him invulnerable to attacks with blunt force. Although Luffy has shown incredible strength and endurance using this ability, certain fans have thought about the possibility of Luffy taking a second Devil Fruit.
Whitebeard Devil Fruit
Whitebeard, or Edward Newgate, was one of the most powerful characters in the One Piece universe. Whitebeard was the captain of the Whitebeard Pirates and was considered one of the four Emperors of the Sea. In addition, Whitebeard was the only one to possess a distinct Devil Fruit power known as the Gura Gura no Mi, which gave him the power to produce devastating shock waves and earthquakes.
Gura-Gura no Mi Gura Gura no Mi is a type of Paramecia Devil Fruit that allows the user to generate strong shock waves and earthquakes. The user can manage these shockwaves and cause massive fissures within the ground, breaking up solid objects, and even triggering tsunamis. The power of Gura Gura No Mi can be so powerful that it may even influence the weather, creating massive lightning strikes and storms.
The most remarkable characteristic of Whitebeard’s strength was his ability to create huge shock waves by wringing his hands. The shockwave was strong enough to break apart the air and cause enormous damage to his enemies. Furthermore, Whitebeard could create massive fractures in the ground, that were big enough to swallow entire islands and ships.
One of the most impressive aspects of the power of Whitebeard was his ability to thwart the other Devil Fruit abilities. It was evident by his ability to block the ability of Yami Yami no Mi, a Devil Fruit that can absorb and block the other Devil Fruit powers. This allowed Whitebeard to be an extremely formidable adversary, even against opponents with similar Devil Fruit users.
Can a person have more than one devil fruit?
No, it is believed that a person can only have one devil fruit power at a time. This is a fundamental rule established in the One Piece world.
How does Blackbeard have two devil fruit powers then?
It is not yet fully explained in the anime how Blackbeard is able to have two devil fruit powers. However, some theories suggest that he may have found a way to absorb or nullify the powers of other devil fruit users, allowing him to take on their abilities.
Is it possible for someone to steal another person’s devil fruit power?
No, it is not possible for someone to steal another person’s devil fruit power. Once a person has consumed a devil fruit, their body becomes permanently altered and unable to consume another devil fruit.
Could Blackbeard have eaten two different devil fruits?
It is highly unlikely that Blackbeard simply ate two different devil fruits, as this goes against the established rule that a person can only have one devil fruit power at a time.
Is Blackbeard’s ability to have two devil fruit powers unique?
Yes, as far as the anime has shown, Blackbeard’s ability to have two devil fruit powers is unique and unprecedented.
Will the anime eventually explain how Blackbeard has two devil fruit powers?
It is unclear whether the anime will ever fully explain how Blackbeard is able to have two devil fruit powers, as the anime has not yet explored this in-depth. However, as the series continues to progress, it is possible that more information will be revealed.